This extension allows you to synchronize products within two root
categories of Magento. This extension is ideal for using with ERP
integrations like Mamut.
Products will be automatically synchronized to the active webshop root category.
The synchronization process between the root categories can be also specified for separate Magento websites.
- This extension is compatible with Magento versions 1.7.x – 1.9.x
- This extension is compatible with the Magento SUPEE-6788 patch.
- This extension is compatible with the Magento SUPEE-6285 patch.
If you have compilation enabled, please disable it before installing this extension. You can check compilation status in System → Tools → Compilation under 'Compiler status'.
1. Copy the folders (and its content): "app" and "skin" to your root Magento directory
2. Clear the magento cache
3. Log out and log in again in your Magento admin
1. Info & Support: An overview of the extension information such as version number, compatibility, documentation and support.
2. License: Add your license key to this section.
Extension Enabled: Yes/No
From: In this field you write the name of the root category where you want to synchronize from.To: In this field you write the name of the root category where you want to synchronize to.
TIP: In order to copy the name of the category, you can use category backend field 'Name' and select and copy it to the field for category synchronization configuration.
4. Categories synchronization: Browse to Catalog -> Category Synchronization
In the left column the categories are shown to which products in your web shop are copied. On the right side there are multiple select with the categories from where products will be copied. If everything is set then, by clicking the button "Sync now", categories will be synchronized. After synchronization, the number of added products per category is shown, as shown on the image below.
For automatic synchronization, the Magento cron job needs to be set. If cron is enabled, the categories are linked together, as previously explained on the image above. Instead of clicking the "Sync now", click on "Save the settings" button to save the configuration. After the mapped categories are saved, on every execution on cron (5 min) the automatic synchronization is done for the mapped categories.
Adjusting category synchronization per website
There is also an option the synchronization between categories to be adjusted to be done for separate websites. The following adjustments are needed to be done:
From the Configuration scope, the website scope should be chosen, after that we browse into the module configuration section, in the Settings section we fill the fields From which category we want to synchronize and To which category we want the synchronization to be done, for that specific chosen website.
- From the top navigation menu we browse to Catalog -> Category synchronization, in the top header section from the Current Configuration scope we choose a desired website, after that, right below we can see the categories we have set from the previous step. As a final step we can do the synchronization for that specific website.
*NOTE: Good to be mentioned as a preferable step, after the synchronization and import of products is done a re index should be done for the Catalog URL Rewrites,Category Products Indexes.
Configuration Part 1
Configuration Part 2
1. Change the “active” element to “false” in /etc/modules/Ecomwise_Categorysync.xml will render the extension inactive.
2. Flush Magento cache.
This will set the extension to inactive. However, if more explicit action is needed:
- Remove all files from file system.
- Remove the entry with code='categorysync_setup' in the core_resource database table.
Module compatible with SUPEE-6285 patch.
- Module compatible with SUPEE-6788 patch.
28 October 2015
Adjusting Category synchronization to work per separate websites.
- Bug fixes.
20 May 2015
- Adding the "Info & support" tab in the backend.
- Adding the "Settings" tab in the backend.
29 May 2014
Compatible with Magento Community 1.5.x-1.9.x
30 April 2014
Compatible with Magento Community 1.5.x-1.8.x
15 April 2013
Extension is launched.