Magento catalog rules by default are based on customer groups. But often web stores need to provide particular discounts to specific customers. Ecomwise Customer Price Rules extension provides opportunity for administrator to create individual catalog price rules.
- This extension is compatible with Magento versions 1.7.x -18.104.22.168
- This extension is compatible with the Magento SUPEE-6285 patch.
If you have
compilation enabled, please disable it before installing this extension. You
can check compilation status in System → Tools → Compilation under 'Compiler
2. Clear the Magento cache.
3. Log out and log in again in your Magento admin.
2.License: Add your license key to this section.
- Extension Enabled: Yes/No
4.Customer Price Rules Settings:
- Apply Highest
Discount: The highest discount will work only when "Apply the rule to individual customers" is set to yes in the rule. If we have more rules with "Apply the rule to individual customers" set to “No” the price rule calculation will be calculated as Magento default.
Related to the applying the lowest discount, if a customer price rule is set (assuming a 5% discount) and then we have a rule based on customer group,which is set (assuming 20%), the product price should be discounted for 20%. Only 20% discount should be applied since 20%
is the highest discount, if this configuration setting is enabled.
4. Setting a catalog rule
On catalog rule edit page, under Rule Information a new select ‘Apply the rule to individual customers’ is added. If this setting is set to “Enabled”, the rule which will be created is applied to the individual customers that are selected under the ‘Individual Customers’ tab. Since multiple rules can be created and applied for one customer affecting same product, extension provides possibility to apply only individual price rule with highest discount. This functionality can be enabled from backend and the setting is ‘Apply Highest Discount’.
*NOTE: If ‘Apply the rule to individual customers’ setting is set to “Enabled” and no individual customer is selected under "Individual Customers' tab, then the rule should not be applied either for specific customer or customer group. As on the following image.
Otherwise, if the ‘Apply the rule to individual customers’ setting is disabled, then the rule is applied to the Customer Group selected under the Multi Select field as the image shown below.
*NOTE: If the Rule has the ‘Apply the rule to individual customers’ setting set to “Disabled” and also a particular Customer Group is selected under ‘Individual Customers’ tab, the rule functionality will only take effect on the Customer group selected.
If we have more rules applied for certain customer group the price rule calculation will be calculated as Magento default.
On catalog rule edit page, also a new extra tab ‘Individual Customers’ is added. Click ‘Reset filter’ button to see grid with all individual customers. You can select one or more customers for who’s the rule discount will be valid. When individual customers are picked click ‘Save and Apply’ button and the discount will be enabled for specified customers.
This extension adds column ‘Individual customers’ to catalog rules admin grid, where you can list all customers specified for the particular rule and search rules by customers.
*NOTE: In the version 1.2.2, discount price can be get programmatically.
After certain rule is applied we can see the results on the Category page and Product page, in where the new discounted price has been calculated, as on the images shown below.
1. Change the “Active” element to “false” /etc/modules/Ecomwise_CustomerPriceRules.xml and save the file.
2. Flush Magento cache.
This will set the extension to inactive. However, if more explicit action is needed:
- Remove all files from file system.
- Remove the entry with code='customerpricerules_setup' in the core_resource database table.
29 September 2016
- Get discount price programmatically
03 May 2016
- Code adjustments related to the calculation of the "Apply Highest Discount"setting.
- Bug fixes.
22 December 2015
- Module compatible with SUPEE-6285 patch.
21 October 2015
- Compatibility with Magento Community 22.214.171.124
- Bug fixes
- Updating module to work with Individual Customers and Magento Customer groups.
- Adjustments in ‘Apply Highest Discount’ functionality for rules applied to individual customers selected.
26 January 2015
- Resolving bug regarding apply discount on grouped price
08 January 2015
- Adding info tab in the backend
26 September 2014
- Resolving bug regarding adding multiple customers on second page
15 September 2014
- Improvement in the process of calculating discounts for product collections
18 August 2014
- Improvements for products that have both special and discounted price
29 May 2014
- Compatible with Magento Community 1.6.x-1.9.x
28 May 2014
- Compatible with Magento Community 1.6.x-1.8.x
15 April 2013
- Compatible with Magento Community 1.5.x-1.8.x