Allow your B2B/Wholesale customers to pay using credit limits.
Create different limits with an active start date and end date, Allow Magento customer groups or individual customers to have access to certain credit(s). These customers will see this available limits in the checkout page and use it checkout. The web store admin and customer can see their limit amount, used and left amount.
The Credit Limit Plus extension enables you to create multiple limits and assign it to multiple customers.
- For example “John” is a customer and has access to three limits that he can use to checkout. He can have limit A with €100, Limit B with €200 and Limit C with €500.
NOTE: The refactored version of the Credit Limit Plus V 1.2.2 extends the basic Credit Limit extension and also more additional functionalities beside the basic Credit Limit version.
- Multiple limits can be created and assigned to multiple customers
- Limits can be assigned to Magento customer groups or/and to individual customers
- Each customer can have access to multiple limits
- Each limit can have a start and end date
- Each limit can have a image/logo that can be shown in the front-end
- Customer can always see their limits in their “My Account”.
- This extension is compatible with Magento versions 1.7.x – 126.96.36.199
- This extension is compatible with all Magento products types.
- This extension is compatible with the Magento SUPEE-6285 patch.
If you have compilation enabled, please disable it before installing this extension. You can check compilation status in System → Tools → Compilation under 'Compiler status'.
1. Copy the folders (and its content): "app" and "skin" to your root Magento directory.
2. Clear the Magento cache.
3. Log out and log in again in your Magento admin.
System -> Configuration -> B2B Extensions -> Credit Limit Plus
1. Info & Support: An overview of the extension information such as version number, compatibility, documentation and support.
2. License: Add your license key to this section.
- Extension Enabled: Yes/No
- Use credit limit for customers: Select 'No' to only use Pay On Account payment method without Credit Limit.
- Show The Top Banner With Limits: Yes/No
- Payment Method for Credit Limit Order: Which payment method will be used for accepting credit limit orders.
- Open Orders: Which orders are considered open.
- Hide credit limit option for customers who do not have a credit limit set: If this setting is enabled (set to ‘Yes’) and the customer does not have a particular credit limit set, the Credit Limit tab present in the My Account left navigation menu will not be shown.
- Hide Credit Limit info for customer groups: This option handles the visibility of the amount of credit limit in the account of the customer. The visibility of the credit limit info can be changed by selection/deselection certain customer group.
- Use credit limit for all customers: Use global credit limit. If it is set to yes it will override the credit limit that is set for the individual customers.
- Customer Limit Default Amount: Set the global credit limit amount.
5. Pay on account – Payment method configuration:This extension also adds a new payment method “Pay on Account” and a new payment status “Placed by Credit Limit”. To configure the payment method navigate to System -> Configuration -> Payment Methods -> Pay on Account
- Enabled: Enable/Disable the payment method.
- New order status: Status of the created order.
- Title: Title of the payment method.
- Sort Order: This options adds an ability for setting sorting order for the Pay On Account payment method among the rest payment methods that are going to be used on the store.
- Customer Groups: Set for which customer groups the payment method is available.
- Purchase Order Number: When enabled, a text field is added next to Pay On Account method on checkout page. Here the customer can enter number which will be added to the order, order email, invoice, etc.
5. Setting up Credit Limits
The extensions allows credit limits to be set for the “Pay on Account” payment method. The credit limit can be set to customer groups or to individual customers. Navigate to: Credit Limits -> Limits (create or edit the credit limits.)
5.1 Creating New Credit Limit:
Rule name: The name of the credit limit.
Amount: Maximum allowed amount for this rule.
Customer Groups: The credit limit will be applied to the selected customer groups.
From Date: The credit limit will be applicable from the entered date. If left blank the credit limit will be applied immediately.
To Date: The credit limit will be applicable until the entered date. If left blank there will be no expiration date for the credit limit.
Upload Image: A logo or an image can be added to the credit limit. That will be shown in the checkout page or any place in the front-end.
Magento Individual Customers (Tab): The possibility to submit limits to individual customers.
To add multiple credit limits to a customer navigate to: Customers -> Manage Customers and select a customer. The extensions adds a new tab “Credit Limits Rules” where multiple credit limits can be added.
View customers credit limits info
Admin user can see the credit limit info set for each individual customer.
My Account page
When a customer logs in, he can see all the credit limits applied to him and the amount that he has used in the header and in My Account -> Credit Limit.
On the checkout the Pay on Account Plus payment method contains the appropriate credit limits for the current customer.
1. Change the “Active” element to “false” /etc/modules/Ecomwise_Creditlimitplus.xml and save the file.
2. Change the “Active” element to “false” /etc/modules/Ecomwise_Creditlimit.xml and save the file.
3. Flush Magento cache.
This will set the extension to inactive. However, if more explicit action is needed:
- Remove all files from file system.
- Remove the entries with code='ecomwisecredit_setup' and code='creditplus_setup' in the core_resource database table.
- Bug fixes.
- New feature, resize credit limit images on frontend.
13 April 2016
- Module refactored, dependent on Credit Limit module.